Bioteka is looking for associates who wish to develop their various skills while simultaneously sharing their knowledge of and enthusiasm for natural sciences with the public. There are countless possibilities for popularising science, and our Association can introduce you to the numerous ways in which we do so. You may find yourself in one of them or propose totally new ideas.
The invitation is aimed at everyone currently in school or graduates in the field of natural sciences, but also at persons from other professions and with other interests who believe they can contribute to the volunteer activities of our Association.
What do we offer?
Designing and carrying out a methodically sound, creative, fun and age-appropriate scientific workshop and detailed knowledge about how to make science approachable for young people;
Carrying out STEM workshops in groups of up to 10 children;
- Writing popular science articles, blogs or coming up with video content for our portals: Biologija.com.hr, Bioteka.hr, Stem.bioteka.hr and Udruga.bioteka.hr;
- The possibility of participating in various educational projects, where you have the opportunity to visit our cities and towns that you have not visited before;
- Participation in various activities regarding nature and environmental protection;
- The possibility of participating in various international projects;
- Broader knowledge about online and offline popularisation of science;
- Additional knowledge about internal and external functioning of associations;
- Encouragement and realisation of own ideas with the support of other volunteers and members of the Association;
- Inspiration and spending time in a stimulating environment open to new people and ideas;
- Meetings you will look forward to;
- A volunteering agreement and fulfilment of all of the Association’s obligations under the Act on Volunteering.
What is expected of volunteers?
- Dedication to work and fulfilment of obligations under the Volunteering Agreement and the Act on Volunteering;
- Participation in meetings of the Bioteka Association;
- Fulfilment of obligations in a timely fashion, after they are jointly defined in accordance with the volunteers’ free time and the Association’s capabilities;
- Love and enthusiasm toward science;
- Work on realising own ideas, cooperation, teamwork;
- Creativity, critical thinking, resourcefulness;
- Readiness to perform follow-up work (promotional, logistics and administrative activities) in order to fulfil the jointly defined objectives.
The volunteers’ mentor is Antonio Svorenji, mag. oecol., expert associate – educator. If you have any questions, you may contact us at 095/4072-159 or at email@example.com.
Bioteka – association for promotion of biology and related sciences
Address: Vladimira Preloga 7, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
Bank Account Number: HR6723400091110426699, PBZ bank d.d.
SWIFT (BIC): PBZGHR2X
Founded in 2010.