The education programme aims to:
- Develop modern, research-, critically- and analytically-oriented and widely applicable education programmes for children and adolescents across the Republic of Croatia, increasing the level of scientific literacy;
- Popularise the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) approach and methodology in non-institutional education and free time of children and adolescents;
- Cooperate with kindergartens, schools, universities and public institutions for managing protected areas in providing education;
- Enable the complementation of formal curricula that are often not able to keep up with the most recent scientific progress or do not have enough time, professional and other resources for conducting STEM education;
- Develop a sustainable and modern program for educating STEM educators and educators in the field of nature and environmental protection.
The education programme is a year-long programme conducted at two levels:
- “STEM workshops,” camps, science birthday parties and “Bioteka on the move” are educational concepts aimed at children and adolescents and integrated into STEM education. You can learn more about it at stem.bioteka.hr.
- Courses, publications, lectures and other education services are integrated into Education Services. You can learn more about them below.
Designing and testing popular science programmes in biology for kindergartens, primary and secondary schools and other institutions such as museums, national parks, nature parks, public institutions for managing protected areas;
Research programmes for kindergarteners and primary school children in nature or STEM scientific research in the classroom;
Cooperation with radio and television programmes;
Organising prize contests with the aim of protecting nature and the environment or popularising a specific subject in biology in the target group, in agreement with associates;
Popular science lectures and scientific workshops as added value to different kinds of events (banquets, popular science events, different functions, etc.);
Courses, training, lectures for interested persons who want to develop their teaching skills, particularly for sharing knowledge with children and adolescents in the field of natural science.
Donators and sponsors
Association Bioteka is a beneficiary of the financial support by National Foundation for Civil Society Development.
Bioteka – association for promotion of biology and related sciences
Address: Vladimira Preloga 7, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
Bank Account Number: HR6723400091110426699, PBZ bank d.d.
SWIFT (BIC): PBZGHR2X
Founded in 2010.